Job Description: Supports Finance Manager across all accounting disciplines, nurtures linkage between Finance and other departments within the organization, and provides backup to Accounts Payable and/or Receivable as needed.
Status: Full-time, regular, exempt position and member of Finance and Administration team.
Reports to: Finance Manager, Canton Office
- Well-rounded Accounting experience,
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles,
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Supervisory experience,
- Hands-on problem solver,
- Ability to prioritize competing demands,
- Works well in a team setting,
- Exhibits interest in Equal Exchange model,
- Familiarity with Food distribution systems and practices a plus,
- Knowledge of NAV software preferred.
- Assist Finance Manager on monthly close process,
- Monitor Cost of Goods Sold for multiple product lines,
- Resolve costing issues with appropriate Manufacturing personnel,
- Ensure timely posting of various journal entries,
- Assist in year-end closing and audit preparation,
- Support A/R Supervisor in real-time trouble-shooting,
- Maintain various account schedules,
- Support Taxation and Credit Card processing personnel,
- Record payroll/benefit entries across departments,
- Strengthen inter-departmental relationships,
- Engage in special projects with Director of Finance as needed.
Worker-ownership (up to 10%)
- Participate in staff, educational (Exchange Time), and Worker-Owner meetings,
- Understand and participate in our worker-owner cooperative model,
- Value our trade relationships and policies.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and answers to the following to email@example.com:
1. Imagining yourself as a small-scale farmer, what would you hope for in establishing a relationship with Equal Exchange?
2. Briefly describe how your management style would work in a worker-owned cooperative.
3. Please look at the past three years' Financial Statements on our website and describe any trends that you identify.