Equal Exchange is seeking a Quality Control Technician to help maintain current quality control procedures for our coffee program. This role supports and reports to the Quality Control Manager and is based in the West Bridgewater, Massachusetts office.
- Based in Equal Exchange’s West Bridgewater, Mass. Office
- Employment Status: Full-time, hourly- 40 hours/week
- Starting Salary: $28,750 ($13.82/hour)
- Benefits: Health/dental/vision insurance coverage, vacations, holidays, sick days, eligibility for worker ownership
- Department: Quality Control
- Reports to: Quality Control Manager
- Ability to communicate well and problem solve
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities
- Ability to work well with others
- Comfortable with computers and technology, such as Excel, Word and E-Mail
- Detail oriented
- Food Science background helpful
- Minimum of 1-3 years coffee experience
- Coffee roasting experience a plus
- Coffee cupping experience a plus
- Experience with tea and/or chocolate products preferred
- Foreign language skills desired
- Abilityto work well alone and with a team
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs.
- Maintain and Update Systems for Monitoring Coffee Samples
- Sort green coffee samples and record results.
- Roast coffee samples for testing.
- Monitor Roasted Coffee
- Prepare morning cuppings for QC staff and roasters.
- Participate in coffee cuppings.
- Solve coffee quality concerns and complaints; effectively communicate results with QC and production teams.
- Measure and analyze packaging for EE products
- Perform random daily QC checks on production line
- Research, report and respond to product complaints
- Participate in HACCP program
- Perform production tasks as needed; roasting, packing, paperwork, etc.
- Fill production positions during vacations, sick leave, etc
Personnel & Worker Ownership/Fair Trade Development
- Participate in staff, team, department, and educational (Exchange Time) meetings.
- Understand our producer partners, trading policies, and the Fair Trade movement.
- Understand and participate effectively in our worker cooperative model.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
If you are interested, please answer the following essay questions and submit your resume to Beth Ann Caspersen at email@example.com by September 12, 2014.
1. How would this position impact Equal Exchange’s mission to help get small farmers what they want?
2. Give an example of a project that you had to complete from start to finish.
3. What qualities do you think Equal Exchange values in the products we sell?