1. Job Description:
- Employment Status: Full-time, regular exempt position
- Hours: 40-45 hours per week
- Salary: $32,000 - $38,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Benefits: Health/dental/vision insurance coverage, vacations, holidays, sick days, eligibility for worker ownership
- Department: Community Sales
- Reports to: Community Sales Manager
- Responsible for: Coordinate marketing campaigns and projects.
- An interest in the mission of Equal Exchange
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Entrepreneurial and strategic thinker
- Experience coordinating both print and online marketing projects
- Experience with various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Ability to evaluate ROI (return on investment) using various analytics techniques
- Thorough knowledge of Excel required.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Experience with Marketo, Microsoft Nav and Basecamp preferred but not required
- Desire to work for a cooperative organization
(Approx. 90 – 100%)
- Work on projects related to online and print communication, such as web pages, campaigns, catalogs and print mailings. Work includes:
- Strategize with team members to create and coordinate new programs to support our B2B lead efforts and B2C sales.
- Coordinate with managers the production of direct mail communications including catalogs, sales guides and prospect materials.
- Support team members in ad creation and ad buying as assigned - tasks include
- Working with internal and external teams to develop new ads.
- Developing conclusions and preparing weekly and monthly reports.
- Manage and keep other communication materials up to date and in stock as assigned.
- Measure and report a variety of business activities and ROI results, including development of original presentations and reports as assigned.
- Monitor budget related to marketing projects as assigned
- Participate in on-going training in products, equipment, marketing; help train peers as needed.
- Develop strong Equal Exchange product knowledge (coffee, tea, chocolate, snacks, etc.).
- Other job-related responsibilities and projects as needed
Personnel & Worker Ownership/Fair Trade Development (approx. 0 – 10%)
- Participate in staff, team, department, and educational (Exchange Time) meetings.
- Understand our producer partners, trading policies, and the Fair Trade movement.
- Understand and participate effectively in our worker cooperative model.
- What does a successful communication campaign look like to you? Give an example from your past experience. Include what criteria you used to come to your conclusion.
- When setting up an ad campaign, what are the primary practices you follow and tools you use to track and analyze performance? Please be as specific as possible.
- What aspect of the Equal Exchange mission is most compelling to you? How would you communicate that mission to a consumer that is looking for quality first?
Fill out my online form.