1. Job Description:
- Employment Status: Full-time, regular exempt position
- Hours: 40-45 hours per week
- Salary: TBD (commensurate with experience, within Equal Exchange salary structure)
- Benefits: Health/dental/vision insurance coverage, vacations, holidays, sick days, eligibility for worker ownership
- Department: Community Sales
- Report to: Community Sales Manager
- Responsible for: Carry out targeted marketing & sales campaigns
- Based in: West Bridgewater, MA
- A strong interest in the mission of Equal Exchange
- 2 – 4 years of sales/marketing or project management experience
- Entrepreneurial and strategic thinker
- Experience coordinating both print and online marketing projects
- Experience with various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Ability to evaluate ROI (return on investment) using various analytical techniques
- Thorough knowledge of Excel required
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects, focused primarily on our School Fundraising and Interfaith constituencies
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Experience with Marketo, Microsoft Nav and Basecamp preferred.
- Experience with HTML, CSS preferred.
- Desire to work for a cooperative organization
Coordinate marketing campaigns to gain new customers and increase sales for School Fundraising and Interfaith programs. Work includes:
- Accountable for seasonal Fundraising program
- Set strategy and meet annual sales goals for Fundraising and Interfaith sectors as negotiated with supervisor
- Communicate the characteristics of these Equal Exchange Programs and products with customers & prospects
- Conduct follow up calls with fundraising prospects
- Respond to customer inquiries & trouble-shoots
- In collaboration with others, design, implement and evaluate promotional strategies for Fundraising & Interfaith such as ad buys and social media initiatives.
- Attend events appropriate to these sectors
- Lead annual seasonal Fundraising catalog from idea to completion
- Work with contractors (designer, photographer, printer, mail house, etc.)
- Coordinate with Customer Service and warehouse teams
- Monitor budgets as assigned
- Measure and report a variety of business activities and ROI results, including development of original presentations and reports as assigned.
- Other job-related responsibilities and projects as assigned
Personnel & Worker Ownership/Fair Trade Development (approx. 0 – 10%)
- Participate in staff, team, department, and educational (Exchange Time) meetings.
- Understand our producer partners, trading policies, and the Fair Trade movement.
- Understand and participate effectively in our worker cooperative model.
Answer these questions and fill out the online form below.
- With the goal of building leads and sales within our faith and fundraising channels, what does a successful communication campaign look like to you? Give a comparable example from your past experience. Include what criteria you used.
- When setting up a campaign, what are the primary practices you follow and tools you use to track and analyze performance? Please be as specific as possible.
- What aspect of the Equal Exchange mission is most compelling to you? How would you communicate that mission to a consumer that is looking for quality first?
- A parent volunteer placed a $1,000 order of multiple products for her school fundraiser. She just received the order from Equal Exchange and discovered that some key products were picked incorrectly in our warehouse and now realizes that some products are missing and others are the incorrect products. Students are gathering in two days to collect the products they ordered and the parent is in a panic. What would you do?
Fill out my online form.