- Employment Status: Part-time
- Pay: based on experience, plus tips
- Hours: shifts ranging from 20 to 30 hours/week (closing and weekend shifts required)
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- Reports to: Café Manager
- Based at: 226 Causeway Street, Boston
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Reliability and punctuality a must!
- Great customer service skills
- Fast learner and takes initiative
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Cash drawer reconciliation experience also a plus
- Interested in proper coffee and espresso preparation techniques
- Passionate about Equal Exchange's mission
- Preparing consistently high-quality espresso and coffee beverages
- Making customers feel welcome in a community environment
- Communicating the high quality of our beverages and our local and organic food products
- Accurate cash handling skills
- Taking available opportunities to learn about Equal Exchange's role in changing food systems
To apply to be a part-time Equal Exchange Café Barista, please completely fill out the following application:
Equal Exchange, Inc. requires background checks for all finalists for a position. Any applicant who refuses to sign a release prior to the interview is no longer considered eligible for employment.
Once contacted for an interview, you will be required to complete and bring with you: (1) the "Disclosure to Employment Applicant" for a consumer report, and (2) the general "Release Authorization." Keep (3) the "Summary of your Rights."