An exciting pre-order box from Equal Exchange
Five Products from the West Bank
We're inviting you to participate in an exciting new project with Palestinian farmers in the West Bank. Equal Exchange has worked with our partner the Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committee (PARC) to assemble a Palestinian Farmers' Box of food products for you to pre-order for yourself, your congregation, or your organization. We have been purchasing organic extra virgin olive oil from PARC small-scale farmers for many years, and are hoping that in the future we'll be able to contribute to even greater economic independence for farmers by finding new markets for them. The goods in the Farmers' Box are produced in spite of limited water, climate-induced droughts, and other constraints imposed by the occupation.
Through our partnership with PARC, we're able to provide the following exceptional products that will not be available either in our online store or traditional stores.
- Maftoul: a hand crafted whole wheat cous cous, made in the traditional way in a Palestinian women's cooperative (800 gm or 28.2 oz)
- Za'atar: a fragrant blend of thyme, sumac, and sesame seeds to be used in olive oil dipping or for cooking (400 gm or 14.1 oz)
- Freekeh: a toasted green wheat which is cooked and used as a side dish, or to stuff meats or large vegetables like squash (800 gm or 28.2 oz)
- Almonds: roasted and salted, almonds in a partial shell which can be opened by hand for snacking (250 gm or 8.8 oz)
- Medjoul dates: the most succulent dates you will ever taste, for snacks, baking, or cooking (500 gm or 17.6 oz)
With your box of products, you'll receive directions on how to use each item, recipes, and information about the Palestinian farmers who produced them.
$50 plus shipping
Not for retail sale
Pictured above: Palestinian students attending the PARC funded Agronomist Institute in Jericho.