Equal Exchange is looking for a reliable & committed delivery driver to join our small Madison, WI sales team as a Direct Store Delivery rep! Responsibilities include delivering Equal Exchange coffee and tea to Woodman’s Supermarkets in the Madison area, as well as merchandising Equal Exchange products at Woodman’s Supermarkets and Willy Street Co-ops. The driver is also responsible for managing the van’s inventory and inputting delivery invoices in our order processing software system.
The route is typically Monday-Friday, early morning through early afternoon (approx.. 6am through 2pm), for a total of 40 hours per week.
To apply, send your resume and answers to the questions below to email@example.com
- Employment Status: Non-exempt position, full-time, worker-owner track
- Hours: 40 hours/week (Monday-Friday)
- Starting Salary: $15/hour
- Benefits: Health/dental/vision insurance coverage, vacation, holidays, sick days, eligibility for worker-ownership
- Department: East Sales Team
- Reports to: Madison Sales Representative
- Responsible for: Delivering and merchandising Equal Exchange product at local accounts.
- Based in: Madison, WI
- Works well independently
- Basic understanding of Supermarket systems (i.e. who to go to problem solve)
- Ability to directly communicate and problem solve with store personnel.
- Good time management skills
- Valid driver’s license & clear driving record
- Ability to lift boxes up to 70 lbs, and climb ladders up to 10 feet high.
- Interest in the mission of Equal Exchange
- Experience using computers is preferred
- Ability to learn order processing software.
Responsibilities (approx. 90 – 95%):
- Deliver Equal Exchange products to accounts in Madison, WI.
- Establish efficient routing
- Receives product transfer shipments & loads DSD van
- Fill bulk coffee bins
- Merchandise all Equal Exchange grocery products in the stores.
- Equipment maintenance/upkeep
- clean bulk coffee beans at off-site kitchen
- clean & calibrate coffee grinders on-site
- Understanding multiple delivery systems unique to each account
- Process order paperwork & enter account orders in Microsoft NAV inventory software system.
- Handle Credits and Quality Control issues
- Other tasks as deemed necessary
- Orders based on need & backstock constraints
- Maintains adequate supply
- Effective FIFO management
- Submit accurate inventory once a month
Office Paperwork & Other Duties
- Submits accurate delivery sheets within 24 hours of delivery
- Submits all personal and other notices in a timely manner
- Sees to maintenance of personnel matters
- Maintains a clean, orderly delivery vehicle, including routine maintenance schedule (e.g. filling gas tank; changing oil; etc.)
- Alerts supervisor of other van maintenance as needed
Personnel & Worker Ownership/Fair Trade Development (approx. 5 – 10%):
- Participate in staff, team, department, and educational (Exchange Time) meetings.
- Understand our producer partners, trading policies, and the Fair Trade movement.
- Understand and participate effectively in our worker cooperative model.
To apply, send your resume and answers to these questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What should Equal Exchange’s role be in the current fair trade market?
2. What role do you think the Madison direct store delivery rep plays in the livelihood of the small scale farmers we support?
3. Why are you interested in becoming part of a small, worker-owner sales/distribution team?
Equal Exchange supports equal employment opportunity for all classes of individuals, regardless of age, race, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, religious creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, economic status, veteran status. Additionally, people who are oppressed or are denied power and privilege in society are strongly encouraged to apply.