The Disciples of Christ Coffee Project, a partnership between the Disciples Home Missions, Week of Compassion and Equal Exchange, is a way for your congregation to join hands with small farmer communities across the world. You can put your faith into action by using fairly traded coffee, tea, chocolate and snacks in your congregation and by learning about how our consumer choices impact the global community. Through the Project farmers receive fair prices for their crops, affordable credit and long term trade relationships with a trading partner they can trust, Equal Exchange. In addition, for every pound of fairly traded products Disciples order through the Project, Equal Exchange makes a donation to the Disciples Hunger Relief and Food Security Fund.
Join our Interfaith partners who support Authentic Fair Trade.
How to Order
ON THE WEB:
The easiest way to order for your congregation, office , or organization is on the web at the Equal Exchange Web Store.
BY MAIL OR FAX:
To receive an order form and information in the mail, email your address to email@example.com.
What You Can Do
- Serve fairly traded coffee, tea and cocoa after worship and at church gatherings.
- Fundraise for congregational projects, Week of Compassion and Disciples Home Missions projects using fairly traded products from Equal Exchange.
- Offer fairly traded products at your holiday bazaar or alternative gift market.
- Organize a buying club in your congregation so members can enjoy fairly traded products at home.
- Educate your congregation with Equal Exchange, Disciples Home Missions and Week of Compassion educational resources. Contact Equal Exchange for an educational video/DVD, brochures and newsletters. Contact Disciples Home Missions and Week of Compassion for additional resources.
- Spread the word. Encourage other places of worship in your community to join Equal Exchange's Interfaith Program. Ask your local grocery stores and cafés to carry Equal Exchange products.