Primarily responsible for processing payroll and assisting with the benefits administration for all employees, plus basic bookkeeping and data entry support for the Finance team; based in Canton, MA.
- Employment Status: Full-time, regular, non-exempt position
- Hours: 40 hours/week
- Starting Salary: $15.50/hour + depending upon experience
- Benefits: Health/dental/vision insurance coverage, vacations, holidays, sick days, eligibility for worker ownership
- Department: Finance and Administration
- Reports to: Human Resources Manager & Finance Manager
- Associates degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business – or equivalent experience preferred
- Computer literacy/MS office skills required (NAV experience would be a plus)
- Experience with payroll processing and Paylocity a plus
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Organization and time management skills critical
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Friendly manner; a team player, and ability to learn from others
- An interest in the mission of Equal Exchange
- Experience in a worker-cooperative a plus
Payroll Processing & Benefits Administration: (up to 50%)
- Perform all steps necessary to process bi-weekly payroll and maintain employee information in Paylocity, our payroll processing system
- Create and maintain personnel files
- Update worksheets that summarize employee census information
- Process insurance and 401(k) paperwork for new hires, terminations, enrollment periods, or employees with a status change
- Review insurance invoices and approve for payment
- Maintain required records for Section 125 benefit
Finance/Administration: (40 – 50%)
- Data entry work as assigned by Finance Manager to support department functions
- Coordinate the processing of monthly credit card expenditures
- Print and mail customer statements
- Front office administration duties:
- Purchase and maintain office supplies
- Set up and run the Canton office video conferencing for company-wide meetings
- Other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Personnel & Worker Ownership/Fair Trade Development: (up to 10%)
- Participate in staff, team, department, and educational (Exchange Time) meetings.
- Understand our producer partners, trading policies, and the Fair Trade movement.
- Understand and participate effectively in our worker cooperative model.
Please email resume, cover letter, and your responses to the following questions to: email@example.com
- Imagine yourself as a small-scale farmer. What would you hope for in a relationship with Equal Exchange?
- Identify one hurdle that you expect to encounter at Equal Exchange and a possible strategy you might employ to overcome it.
- Tell us about your specific characteristics that make you a good fit for this position; and especially any previous experience in payroll and/or bookkeeping.