Equal Exchange offers churches an affordable way to host a missioned based coffee hour. Follow these easy steps and you can bring high quality, tasty and affordable fair trade products that support small farmers to your congregation today!
Excite Your Community:
Talk to your pastor and fellowship committee about serving Equal Exchange Coffee at your church coffee hour. By serving Equal Exchange coffee at your church coffee hour, you gain:
- a fun way to express your values though your church fellowship time
- a direct and positive impact on farming families and forest areas all around the world
- delicious fairly traded coffee, tea, chocolate, and other fair foods at whole sale pricing
Introduce Equal Exchange, Educate, and Energize with talking points, customizable bulletin inserts, videos, Power Point presentations and more.
Choose your Coffee:
Hosting your church's coffee hour is easy! You don't need anything special to serve our coffee.
- If you have a percolator, our fellowship blend is the choice for you. Our fellowship blend is our same high quality coffee beans ground to a courser grind specifically designed to bring out the best flavor when brewed in a percolator.
- If you have a pour-over brewer, we offer 10 & 12-oz bags and 14oz cans of coffee in drip grind as well as pillow packs. Our pillow packs are pre-ground and pre-portioned to suit a 12 cup drip brewer and a good choice for if you people in your congregation take turns making coffee. They are available in multiple sizes depending on your preference in coffee strength. Our Pillow Pack Sampler ($10) can also be used as an economical way to get a small sample of Equal Exchange coffee.
We also offer many other serving supplies such as airpot labels, sugar packets, stirrers, and syrups. All our products are available to congregations at wholesale pricing making Equal Exchange an economical choice for coffee hours of all sizes.
Plan ahead for how much coffee you will need.
For a percolator:
|Cold Water||Fellowship Blend|
|10 Servings||10 Table Tablespoons (5/8 of a cup)|
|30 Servings||2 Cups|
|55 Servings||3 Cups|
|100 Servings||6 Cups (one 1-lb package)|
For a drip brewer:
|Per 12-cup pot|
|One Pillow Pack||or||1 cup of ground coffee|
Place your First Order:
We have two convenient ways for you to order for your church and receive wholesale pricing:
- Go to shop.equalexchange.coop and place your order instantly online! Create an account for your organization and login to view our wholesale pricing. Opt in for a subscription and coffees, teas, cocoas and more will be delivered automatically on a monthly basis so you never run out on a Sunday morning!
- Call us at774-776-7366 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST. Our friendly customer service representatives are happy to take your order over the phone and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Learn about your Impact:
Check out our blog to see how your purchases impact small farmers all around the world!
Expand Your Mission
Once you start serving Equal Exchange coffee, expanding your impact is easy and fun. There are plenty of opportunities.
- Hold a bible study about fair trade help your church understand how fair trade impacts their lives
- Serve Equal Exchange coffee at all of your church events
- Order popular items to sell at your next Holiday Bazaar
- Incorporate Equal Exchange coffee or chocolate into your next youth group or mission trip fundraiser
For more information, check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Call (774) 776-7366 or email.