- 2 large ripe Equal Exchange Organic Bananas
- 10 ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp honey (local and wild tastes better)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (you get what you pay for with yogurt)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin butter (this can be found in most health stores)
- 1/2 Tbsp milled flax seeds (make sure that they are milled)
- 1/2 Tbsp shelled hemp seeds (super food!)
Simply blend together. Nothing fancy.
Pumpkin butter can be substituted with peanut butter. But make sure that you use peanut butter that is raw and free of any additives such as sugar or salt.
This "Magical Cure-All Banana Smoothie Elixir" comes from Sean Freedman, an account manager at Trinity Transport. He arranges our trucking needs for the Equal Exchange bananas that are shipped to the Southwest every week. As Sean says, "This smoothie really does cure everything. It will also keep you full until lunch time."