Honey almond pie crust:
- 1 c. Equal Exchange Organic Natural Almonds
- 2 Tbsp. Equal Exchange Guatemalan Honey
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 c. plain chevre, tightly packed
- 1/3 c. Equal Exchange Organic Baking Cocoa
- 1/3 c. Equal Exchange Guatemalan honey
- 1 Tbsp. organic vanilla extract
- ½ c. Equal Exchange Organic Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
For honey almond pie crust:
Grind the almonds into a meal in a food processor. Add and blend in the honey, vanilla extract and salt. Press the honey almond mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. (No need to go up the sides).
For cheesecake filling:
Puree the chevre, cocoa, honey, and vanilla extract in a food processor. Taste and adjust the flavor, if desired. Pour and spread the chocolate chevre filling on top of the honey almond pie crust. Decorate with chocolate chips. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Makes one 9-inch cheesecake
Recipe developed for Equal Exchange by Leslie Cerier, The Organic Gourmet