- 3 Tbsp. Equal Exchange Organic Olive Oil
- 1 lb. russet baking potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash, peel, then grate your potatoes into large shreds using a box grater.
2. Wrap the grated potatoes in a sturdy paper towel or tea toil and squeeze out all the moisture. This is key to making your hash browns crispy!
3. Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the grated potatoes. Spread them evenly, a quarter- to half-inch thick.
4. Add your salt and pepper – or any other seasoning you prefer.
5. After a few minutes, lift up the edge of the hash brown with a fork. Is it golden brown on the underside? It’s ready to flip! Use a large spatula to flip it over, or divide it into halves or quarters.
6. Cook until the underside is golden brown.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from Simply Recipes