- 1/2 cup (one stick) of butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon brewed Equal Exchange coffee, any variety
- 1/2 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract or vanilla flavor, optional
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 bar Equal Exchange Organic Very Dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter two baking sheets.
Cream together the butter and both sugars in a large bowl until smooth and light. Add the eggs, coffee, and vanilla, if using.
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Then, stir in oats, chocolate chunks, pecans, dates, and cranberries.
Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each one slightly with the back of a spoon. 6. Bake the cookies until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.