Rosemary Lemon Cashew Cream:
- 1 c. Equal Exchange Natural Cashews, soaked in room temperature water overnight
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary (de-stemmed)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Equal Exchange Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ c. water
- 1 baguette sliced diagonally into ¼-½" slices
- 1 oz. dried porcini mushrooms (soaked in warm water for 20-30 minutes, then drained)
- 8 oz. mini bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 oz. restaurant blend mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ Tbsp. Equal Exchange Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- ½ tsp. ground thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. red cooking wine
Begin with the Rosemary Lemon Cashew Cream. Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Scoop cream into small dish and set aside. Preheat oven to 400˚. Drizzle baguette slices with a small amount of the olive oil and place them on a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for about 6-8 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
Meanwhile, heat 1 ½ tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add mushrooms. Toss to coat with oil/garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add thyme, salt, pepper and cooking wine; toss to coat. Cook for about 3 minutes longer, until mushrooms are tender and cooking wine has been absorbed.
Top each toasted baguette slice with a spread of cashew cream and a rounded tablespoon of mushrooms. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from 86lemons