- 1 stick (1/2 c.) butter
- 1/4 c. Equal Exchange Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 bars Equal Exchange Organic Milk Chocolate, divided
- 1 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/3 c. Equal Exchange Organic Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Optional: almonds or other nut of your choice.
Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 9-inch baking pan.
Melt butter and 1 1/4 chocolate bars in a double boiler or heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until smooth. Add olive oil. Remove from heat, cool to lukewarm. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, beat well, until mixture is thoroughly mixed and glossy.
In a small bowl, combine baking cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Add to the chocolaty mix and stir.
Pour 3/4 of the batter into the baking pan and even out. Break up the remaining chocolate and insert into the batter at an angle in a spoke or other even pattern. Cover with a thin layer of the remaining batter.
Add nuts if using. Bake for about 30 minutes, until a fork/knife/toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
Enjoy during your next picnic, event, or party!
Yields 9 generous servings.