- 1 stick (1/2 c.) butter
- 1/4 c. Equal Exchange Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bar Equal Exchange Organic Milk Chocolate with a Hint of Hazelnut (or 12 Organic Milk Chocolate with a Hint of Hazelnut Minis)
- 1 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/3 c. Equal Exchange Organic Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 10 Equal Exchange Organic Milk Chocolate Minis (or 1 bar Organic Milk Chocolate with a Hint of Hazelnut broken into small pieces)
- Optional: almonds or other nut of your choice.
Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 9-inch baking pan.
Melt butter and the 1 large chocolate bar in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until smooth. Add olive oil. Remove from heat, cool to lukewarm. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, beat well, until mixture is thoroughly mixed and glossy.
Stir remaining ingredients (already combined, excluding remaining chocolate and nuts) into the chocolaty mix.
Pour batter in pan and even out. Insert the minis into the batter at an angle in a spoke or other even pattern. Cover with a thin layer of batter.
Add nuts if using. Bake for about 30 minutes, until a fork/knife/toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
Enjoy during your next picnic, event, or party!
Yields 9 generous servings.