- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 8 oz. uncooked spaghetti
- ¼ c. Equal Exchange Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pints multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 oz. parmigiana-reggiano cheese, shaved
- ¼ c. small basil leaves
This recipe was submitted by Carol Gates of White Memorial Presbyterian Church in Raleigh, NC. She says, “the delicious olive oil is the primary flavor for this dish. It is easy and fast and delicious. It’s beautiful when served in a big pasta bowl with the tomatoes and basil on top.”
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Boil a large pot of water and add 1 tbsp kosher salt. Add spaghetti and cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl and reserve 6 tbsp. of cooking liquid. Return pasta to the pot. Combine reserved cooking liquid and 2 tbsp. olive oil in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and let boil for 4 minutes or until the mixture measures 1/3 cup. Add oil mixture to the pasta and toss to coat.
3. While the pasta cooks, combine 2 tbsp olive oil, tomatoes and garlic in a baking pan. Toss to combine until tomatoes are evenly coated. Bake at 450 for 11 minutes or until the tomatoes are lightly browned and begin to burst.
4. Add tomato mixture, ½ tsp. salt and pepper to the pasta and toss to coat. Top with cheese and basil.
Adapted from Cooking Light.