Fair Trade Chocolate Chip Cookies
Featuring: Equal Exchange Organic Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
These classic cookies are made even sweeter with chocolate chips that are organic and fairly traded.
Chocolate Chip Facts:
- These chocolate chips are made with cocoa from Peru and sugar from Paraguay.
- Both countries are located in South America.
- Peru has many mountains and rainforests, and Paraguay has many swamps and is mostly flat.
- Both the cocoa and the sugar were grown by groups of farmers who work together and own their own land.
Photo: Cacao farmer Pastor Sangama in Peru, with a cacao pod and the finished product: chocolate!
Fair Trade “Ants on a Log”
Featuring: Equal Exchange Chilean Flame Raisins
With celery, peanut butter and raisins, this is a classic nutritious snack for kids -- now with fruit from small farmers!
- These raisins are from Chile.
- Chile is located in South America.
- Chile has many mountains and vineyards (grape farms).
- These raisins were produced by the only Fair Trade grape co-operative in Chile!
Photo: Grapes drying into raisins on the farm in Chile.
Organic Chocolate Pudding
Featuring: Equal Exchange Organic Baking Cocoa
Add some organic goodness to this easy-to-make treat.
- This chocolate pudding is made with cocoa from the Dominican Republic.
- Cocoa comes from cacao (ka-cow) beans.
- The Dominican Republic is located on an island in the Caribbean.
- The Dominican Republic has many beaches, mountain ranges and fertile plains that are good for farming.
- The group of farmers who grew these cacao beans have their own cocoa processing plant!
Photo: Cacao growers Ramon and Glenys with a cacao pod in the Dominican Republic.