- Employment Status: Full time, non-exempt position on the worker-owner track
- Hours: Starts at $15/hr.
- Benefits: Health/dental/vision insurance coverage, paid vacations, paid holidays, paid sick days, eligibility for worker ownership
- Department: Sales
- Report to: Cleveland Team Manager
- Responsible for: Support Direct Store Delivery Program and team including but not limited to: delivering to stores, merchandising, processing and packing orders, warehouse maintenance, product selling, and account development, and relationship building.
- An interest in the mission of Equal Exchange
- Experience with or interest in working for a cooperative organization preferred
- Ability to communicate well with customers, team members and staff
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to do extensive lifting (up to 70lbs)
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently
- Valid driver's license
- Delivering to stores
- Safe and timely driving to locations
- Building relationships and coordinating with store staff around promos and displays
- Merchandising product in store
- Engaging with customers while in store aisles
- Bulk bin cleaning and maintenance
- Following safety guidelines in store (specifically around Covid-19)
- Keeping van clean and organized
- Order Processing and Fulfillment
- Coordinate logistics and communicate product inventory.
- Participate in analysis of product placement, promotion implementation at the store
- Communicating out of stocks to customers
- Order entry
- Posting fulfilled orders
- Transfer Orders receiving support and coverage for team
- Account Development
- Selling in product/developing product lines with customers at stores
- Keeping track of opportunities at accounts
- Fielding customer inquiries in support of the east sales team
- Event support and planning
- Covering for other team members in a small office/warehouse
- Willingness to do other tasks as needed to support the team as requested by the supervisor
- Personnel & Worker Ownership/Fair Trade Development
- Participate in staff, team, department, and educational (Exchange Time) meetings. Understand our producer partners, trading policies, and the Fair Trade movement. Understand and participate effectively in our worker cooperative model.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and answers to the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Describe your image of a strong DSD (Direct Store Delivery) relationship between a store and Equal Exchange.
2. What is the most important function of a small warehouse?
3. How do Equal Exchange supply chains impact farmers and consumers?