Equal Exchange West: Seattle Direct Store Delivery Representative/ Warehouse Operations/Team Support
Equal Exchange is a fair trade organization and coffee roaster headquartered in West Bridgewater, MA. Founded in 1986, our mission is to createmore fair trade relationships between farmers and consumers. We bypass the conventional marketing system by cutting out middlemen and buyingdirectly from farmer cooperatives. Due to the complex level of training involved with a worker-owner co-operative, Equal Exchange does ask for atwo-year commitment to employment. This position will work out of the Seattle, WA area with trips to the Portland, Oregon office as necessary.
- Regular, non-exempt position, worker-owner track
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Hourly Compensation: TBD
- Benefits: health/dental/vision insurance coverage, vacations, holidays, sick days, eligibility for worker ownership.
- Reports to DSD Market Developer.
- Responsible for: Direct Store Deliveries and warehouse duties in the Seattle market. Goals and regional office support as determined bythe supervisor.
- An interest in the mission of Equal Exchange.
- An interest in natural foods grocery retailing and dealing with store workers and their consumers.
- Ability to communicate and problem solve effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities.
- A desire to learn and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Enjoy working as part of a small regional team.
- An ability to do extensive lifting is required (up to 70 lbs).
- An ability to pay attention to detail and work accurately while managing multiple deadlines.
- Basic understanding of English.
- Requires a valid driver's license.
- Willingness to do other tasks and travel as needed to support the team as requested by the supervisor.
- Comfortable driving and maneuvering large vehicles.
- Deliver and Merchandise Equal Exchange products
- Fill & Clean coffee bins
- Oversees and documents Equal Exchange display maintenance (bin units, grinders, etc.)
- Generate, pick and deliver accurate orders
- Maintains a clean, orderly delivery vehicle, including routine maintenance schedule as delegated by Supervisor
- Maintain customer relationships and provide a high level of customer service to DSD accounts
- Safe and timely driving to route locations while ensuring receiving deadlines are met
- Advocate for successful product placement and ensure promotion implementation at the store
- Safe and courteous interaction with store employees and customers
- Communicating to Supervisor and/or Sales representatives around the 4 P's
- Cover routes as needed and requested by Supervisor
- Receive and unload deliveries and transfers
- Inventory management/ FIFO (first in first out)
- Contributes to a clean, orderly warehouse, office and shared spaces
- Participates in maintaining accurate inventory
- Participate with department team-mates to continuously improve our practices and systems. Work in a team-based system with Sales,Customer Service, and other co-workers to build an effective, efficient organization.
- Participate in staff, team, department and educational meetings
- Understand our producer partners, trading policies and the Fair Trade movement
- Understand and participate in our worker cooperative model
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and answers to the following application questions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Describe your image of a strong Direct Store Delivery relationship between a store and Equal Exchange.
2. How do Equal Exchange supply chains impact farmers and consumers?
3. Why are you interested in becoming part of a small, worker-owner sales/distribution team?