- Employment Status: Full time, exempt position on the worker-owner track.
- Hours: 40-45 hours per week
- Benefits: Health/dental/vision insurance coverage, paid vacations, paid holidays, paid sick days, eligibility for worker ownership
- Department: Sales
- Report to: East Sales Director
- Responsible for: Support DSD Program and team including but not limited to: processing and packing orders, warehouse maintenance, deliveries to stores, back up for other DSD drivers, product selling, account development
- An interest in the mission of Equal Exchange
- Experience with or interest in working for a cooperative organization preferred
- Ability to communicate well with customers, team members and staff
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently
- Driver's license
Order Processing and Fulfillment
- Coordinate logistics and communication product inventory
- Participate in analysis of product placement, promotion implementation at the store
- Communicating out of stocks to customers
- Checking DSD email for orders
- Order entry
- Posting fulfilled orders
- Transfer Orders support and coverage for team
Delivering to stores
- Safe and timely driving to locations
- Coordinating with store staff when necessary
- Merchandising product in store when necessary
- Back up DSD driver coverage
- Following safety guidelines in store (specifically around Covid-19)
- Selling in product/developing product lines with customers at stores, by email, by phone
- Updating product photos to shared drive / keeping track of opportunities at accounts
- Fielding customer orders and inquiries supporting the east sales team
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and answers to the following to: email@example.com.
1. Describe your image of a strong DSD relationship between a store and Equal Exchange.
2. What is the most important function of a small warehouse?
3. How do Equal Exchange supply chains impact farmers and consumers?