- 2 tsp Equal Exchange Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Equal Exchange organic unsalted natural cashews
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly brush a baking sheet with 1 tsp olive oil. Toss cashews and all remaining ingredients in medium bowl. Spread cashew mixture evenly in single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake nuts until golden brown and coated with maple syrup mixture, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. While nuts are baking, brush a sheet of aluminum foil with the remaining oil. After removing nuts from the oven, immediately pour them out onto foil, spreading evenly. Cool 10 minutes, then separate and break apart any nut clusters.
Adapted from Bon Appetit Magazine