- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. whole milk
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp. Equal Exchange Organic Earl Grey Tea leaves
1. Stir cream, milk, sugar and salt together in a pot and simmer on low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Whisk the egg yolks, then slowly add the milk-sugar mixture while whisking constantly.
3. Transfer the egg mixture back to the pot. Add the Earl Grey Tea leaves. Cook over low-medium heat while stirring frequently.
4. After a few minutes, the mixture will begin to thicken and turn a light grey brown as the tea steeps.
5. Remove the mixture from the stove and let steep for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture to remove the tea leaves. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
6. Break out the ice cream maker and enjoy!
Adapted from Honestly Yum