- 1/2 Cup of organic heavy cream + 1/4 cup for adding to pot as needed
- 4 bars Equal Exchange Organic Dark Chocolate - any variety
- 1/4 Cup of Equal Exchange Organic Tamari Roasted Almonds, chopped (optional)
Dippables: You can dip almost anything in chocolate and it tastes good, but here are some more traditional options.
- Strawberries (Stemmed)
- Equal Exchange Bananas (sliced just before serving)
- Navel oranges (sectioned)
- Ripe and diced pineapples
- Salted pretzel sticks
- Dried apricots
- Apple slices
- Pound cake (cubed)
- And anything else sweet that will hold together when dipped into chocolate!
Prepare your dippables by chopping them into bite-sized cubes (except bananas). Place in refrigerator. Heat 1/2 cup of cream over medium heat in a non- reactive pot until it comes to a light boil. Remove from heat and add in chopped Equal Exchange chocolate bars. Allow them to melt for 3 or 4 minutes and then whisk chocolate and cream mixture together. Add chopped almonds and stir (optional). Transfer melted chocolate to a fondue pot and serve. If mixture starts to become more solid you can add additional cream, 1 tablespoon at a time to bring it to your desired consistency.