- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 oz. (1 1/2 cups) coarsely chopped roasted salted pecans
- 1/3 cup Equal Exchange Panama Extra Dark Chocolate (a little less than half of a 3.5 oz bar), broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed Equal Exchange coffee
For Crust: Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in 2/3 of the shortening until the mixture resembles very fine crumbs. Cut in the remaining shortening coarsely. Do not overwork. Sprinkle with cold water, and stir with a fork until it clumps together, adding more water if necessary. Squeeze into a ball, then roll out on a floured board. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate.
Preheat oven to 400F. Blend the eggs, sugar, and syrups together. Melt the chocolate together with the butter. Mix all filling ingredients together. Pour filling into unbaked crust. Bake for 40 minutes, or until filling is slightly puffed and set. Cool on a rack.