- 1 c. stewed tomatoes (drained)
- ¾ c. strong brewed Equal Exchange coffee
- ¼ c. chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chipotle chiles
- 2 Tbsp. Equal Exchange Organic Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. finely chopped Equal Exchange Organic Panama Extra Dark Chocolate
- 8 large eggs
- 1 sliced Equal Exchange Avocado (check your local food co-op!)
1. Puree the tomatoes, brewed coffee, onion, garlic, chipotle peppers and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a blender until smooth.
2. Simmer the puree in a heavy skillet and stir occasionally until thickened. Stir in the chocolate and add salt. Remove from heat.
3. Fry eggs in 2 batches in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, until cooked the way you like them.
4. Plate the eggs and add sliced avocado. Top with sauce as desired.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from Epicurious