- 1-2 tsp. Equal Exchange Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 c. ground flaxseed
- 3/4 c. pure amber maple syrup (or 1 c. if you have a sweet tooth)
- 1 large egg (or 2 small eggs) - look for free range, organic eggs!
- 1 package light cream cheese
- 1/2 c. fresh or dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. Equal Exchange Chilean Flame Raisins
- Additional 1/4 c. maple syrup
Prepare the Crust
Mix together the: ground flax, raisins, eggs and 3/4 cup of maple syrup. Oil your pie plate with the olive oil. Pour the crust mix into a small stoneware pie plate (8 inch diameter). Bake this crust in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Cream Cheese Topping
Whip together the cream cheese and the next round of maple syrup (1/4 cup). Now you have your Cream Cheese Topping. Set aside.
Once the pie crust is done cooking, let it cool.
Creating the Pie
Layer as such: crust, thick layer or heavy dollop of cream cheese mix, and cranberries on top.
For an extra treat and added presentation, add a piece of Equal Exchange chocolate to the top!
Refrigerate what has not been enjoyed that day!
Recipe submitted by Iris Miller