- 1 ½ c. all purpose flour
- 1/8 c. confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ c. Equal Exchange Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (refrigerated)
- Ice water
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. cream
- 4 oz. plain goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 c. fresh strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sift together flour, sugars, baking powder and salt.
3. Chill dry ingredients in freezer for about 10 minutes.
4. Pour olive oil into cold dry ingredients and make clumps with your hands.
5. Add ice water and continue working the ingredients until dough comes together.
6. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and flatten into a disc. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
7. Remove dough from the fridge, divide into four sections, and roll them out into circular shapes about ¼ inch thick on a floured surface. Then transfer to a baking sheet.
8. Spread goat cheese over the dough, leaving some space at the edges.
9. Slice strawberries and cover the goat cheese evenly.
10. Fold the edge of the crust up and slightly over the strawberry and goat cheese filling. Press down to hold the shape.
11. Combine honey and cream and brush crusts and tops of the tarts evenly.
12. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until crust is a light golden brown.
13. Cool for 5-10 minutes. Top with small sprigs of rosemary and dust with confectioner’s sugar.
14. Serve and enjoy!