- 1/4 cup Organic Butter
- 1 1/2 oz (or 10-11 squares)Equal Exchange Extra Dark Panama Chocolate, chopped very fine
- 1/4 cupEqual Exchange Baking Cocoa (or use Equal Exchange Hot Cocoa, and cut added sugar in half)
- 1/2 cupFair trade Organic Sugar
- 1/4 cupOrganic Cream or Soy Milk
- 1/8 tspSalt
- 1 tsp Fair Trade Organic Vanilla Extract
Melt the butter, chocolate, cocoa, sugar, cream/soy milk and salt in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth.
Bring slowly just to a boil. Do not stir. Remove from heat and blend in vanilla.
Store in refrigerator. Makes 1 1/2 cups. Recipe may be doubled.
Recipe courtesy of Beth Seacord, with thanks to Kay Cameron.