- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Equal Exchange Organic Baking Cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavor (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (or chopped up Equal Exchange Organic Dark Chocolate bars)
Raspberry Fudge Glaze
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (or chopped up Equal Exchange Organic Dark Chocolate bars)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry flavor (optional)
In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, cocoa, salt, jam and flavoring. Stir in the flour, eggs, and chips. Pour batter into a lightly greased 13 X 9 inch pan, spreading till level. Bake in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 28 to 32 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. (Note: It takes a few minutes longer than this in my oven!) The brownies will look slightly wobbly in the middle. Cool them for 1 hour before glazing.
Combine all the glaze ingredients, cook over low heat, or in the microwave, until the chocolate and butter are melted. Stir until smooth, and spread over the bars. Cool for several hours before cutting the brownies with a knife that you have run under hot water.
From Laurie Flarity-White, promoter of small farmers through the UMCOR Coffee Project with First United Methodist Church in Wenatchee, Washington, and promoter of solar cars.