- 1 cup Equal Exchange Organic Baking Cocoa
- 1 cup warm honey
- 1 cup warm nut butter (almond or peanut)
- 1/4-1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup each: toasted sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened grated coconut (optional)
In large warm bowl mix honey, nut butter, cocoa and rolled oats, add nuts and mix until dark and all damp. Put into a lightly sprayed 9x13 pan. Press down and smooth top until shiny. Cool. Cut into 60 bites. Wrap well.
Contributed by Adele Hyla, Jacksonville, NC. Adapted from a 30 year old recipe from Buffalo, NY's first vegetarian restaurant Greenfield Streets and the Narrow Ridge Earth Literacy Center's chewies.