- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. raw sugar
- ½ c. Equal Exchange Organic Baking Cocoa
- ¾ c. flour
- ½ c. Equal Exchange Organic Very Dark Chocolate bar, chopped
- ½ c. butter
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium eggs, plus 1 medium egg yolk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ c. sour cream
- ½ c. hot water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cupcake pan.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, place vegetable oil, chopped chocolate, and butter. Microwave at 30 second increments until just melted.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, baking cocoa and sea salt.
4. In a large bowl, blend the sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Add the melted chocolate mix and stir until well blended.
5. Alternate between adding the flour mix and the sour cream to the sugar mix. Whisk together.
Add the hot water, and whisk again until mixed.
6. Transfer the batter to the cupcake pan, filling each liner about ¾ of the way.
7. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.