- 1 lb. pasta
- 1 large bunch fresh basil, reserve some leaves for garnish
- 1/2 c. Equal Exchange Organic Natural Cashews
- 2 Equal Exchange Organic Avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c. Equal Exchange Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 c. halved cherry tomatoes or julienned sun-dried tomatoes, optional for garnish
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, cashews, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper. Toss pasta with pesto. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top pasta with tomatoes. Garnish each serving with basil leaves.
Submitted by: Marissa Beller