- 2 cups light cream, chilled
- 1 cup whole milk, chilled
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 Equal Exchange Organic Panama Extra Dark Chocolate bar (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Equal Exchange Organic Tamari Roasted Almonds (chopped)
Place ingredients in a medium mixing bowl (except for chocolate and almonds) and combine until well blended. Pour into ice cream freezer bowl, turn the machine on and let mix until mixture thickens, about 20-25 minutes. During last 5 minutes of freezing add chopped chocolate and almonds to the mixture. Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer until firm, about 2 hours.
Makes ten 1/2-cup servings.