- 3 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped Equal Exchange Organic Almonds
- 3 large, ripe Equal Exchange Organic Bananas
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup Equal Exchange Dried Apricots or Dried Mango
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed (or flax meal)
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment paper, with about 1 inch of parchment
paper overlapping the sides.
3. Spread out the oats and chopped pecans on a baking sheet. Place in the oven until they
are lightly toasted, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with the back of a fork. Stir in applesauce until
5. Transfer the oats and pecans to a large bowl and stir in dried cranberries, ground flax
seed (flax meal), cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
6. Stir the banana mixture into the oat mixture until well combined and starting to clump
together. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and press down evenly.
7. Bake until the bars are golden brown and starting to separate from sides of the pan, about
30 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
8. Use the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the pan. Let cool to room temperature,
then cut into bars.
9. Serve or store in an airtight container.
Adapted from the kitchen of Cookin Canuck