- 1 c. pumpkin or butternut squash, cooked and pureed
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c. crushed gingersnap cookies
- 2 c. whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 c. or more sweetened whipped cream (this can be some you whipped yourself, or the kind that squirts from a bottle)
- 1/2 c. Equal Exchange Organic Tamari Roasted Almonds, chopped
Combine pumpkin, condensed milk, whole milk, vanilla, spices and cookies in a food-processor, blender or mixer and process until well-blended. Pour into a two quart container and freeze for about 1 hour, then stir and freeze about one more hour and stir again. Fold in whipped cream and almonds. Taste and adjust the spices and other ingredients to your preference. Freeze another hour or a little longer for soft serve or a lot longer for hard ice cream.
Makes about 2 quarts. I like this better than pumpkin pie!
Submitted by: Margaret Holley